Isaiah Thomas, Junr's Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhodeisland, New-Hampshire and Vermont almanack, with an ephemeris, for the year of our Lord 1808 ... [electronic resource] : Fitted to the latitude and longitude of the town of Boston, but will serve without essential variation for the adjacent states. ...
- [Worcester, Mass.] : Printed at Worcester, Massachusetts, by Isaiah Thomas, Jun. Sold by him at his printing office, and by I. Thomas, in Worcester; by Thomas & Andrews, D. West, O.C. Greenleaf, C. Bingham, Manning & Loring, J. Larkin, E. Cotton, W. Wells and W. Andrews, in Boston; by Cushing & Appleton, Salem; by Thomas & Whipple, Newburyport; by Thomas & Tappan, Portsmouth; by Thomas & Thomas, Walpole; by W. Fessenden, Brattleborough; at the Springfield Bookstore, and by the various other booksellers in the Newengland states. Price 9 dollars per gross--87 1/2 cents per dozen--12 1/2 cents single, 
- Physical Description:
- 48 unnumbered pages : illustrations ; 18 cm
- Related Titles:
- Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New-Hampshire, and Vermont almanack ... for the year of our Lord 1808 ...
Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhodeisland, New-Hampshire, and Vermont alamanack ... for the year of our Lord 1808 ...
- The calculations on the calendar pages are identical with those in Houghton's genuine almanac for 1809 (Shaw & Shoemaker 15268).
The calculations and notes on the calendar pages are identical in part with those in Houghton's genuine almanack for 1808 (Shoemaker 12782), "astronomical part by Asa Houghton," except for those in the ephemeris and those for the rising and setting and phases of the moon. Those in the notes column of Houghton's calendar pages are not found in Thomas's.
The almanac is possibly the joint work of Asa Houghton and Gilbert Graves. See notes on the record for the 1807 issue of Thomas's almanac (Shaw & Shoemaker 10621), and entries under Houghton and Graves.
Advertised in the Massachusetts spy, Worcester, Nov. 11, 1807.
Advertisement for I. Thomas, Jr., Thomas & Whipple, and Thomas & Tappan, booksellers at Worcester, Newburyport, and Portsmouth, respectively, at foot of p. .
This title may also be available on microopaque as part of the collection Early American imprints, Second series (New York: Readex Microprint Corp., 1964- ).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2004-2007] Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 12822).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Shaw, R.R. American bibliography 12822
Drake, M. Almanacs, 3696
View MARC record | catkey: 3764237