The Young ladies' mentor; or, Extracts in prose and verse [electronic resource] : for the promotion of virtue and morality. / By Eliza Leslie. ; [Two lines from Montaigne].
- Philadelphia : Printed for Jacob Johnson, no. 187 Market Street. Thomas S. Manning, printer, 1803.
- Physical Description:
- vii, 2 unnumbered pages, 10-155 pages, 1 unnumbered page ; 17 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Leslie, Eliza, 1787-1858
- "In a compilation, principally calculated for young ladies, from twelve to sixteen years of age, she has taken particular ... care to avoid the least appearance ... of any thing which can militate against the strictest ideas of delicacy and propriety ... the compiler has made her extracts chiefly from the most celebrated miscellaneous authors ... Many of the articles are anonymous ..."--Preface, p. [iii]-iv, dated: Philadelphia, August 10, 1803.
Last page blank.
This title may also be available on microopaque as part of the collection Early American imprints, Second series (New York: Readex Microprint Corp., 1964- ).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2004-2007] Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 4518).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Shaw, R.R. American bibliography 4518
Welch, D.A. Bibliography of American children's books printed prior to 1821, 751
View MARC record | catkey: 3765001