Murder--Horrible murder!! [electronic resource] : Clarksburg, Virginia, November, 1805
- [Morgantown, Va.?] : [Printed by Campbell & Britton?], [1805?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet (1 unnumbered page) : illustrations (relief cuts) ; 45 x 27 cm
- Followed by: Lines on the above murder., Another edition (Shaw & Shoemaker 8452) has title: The following is a particular account of a horrid murder. Abel Clemmons [i.e., Clemmens] murdered his wife and eight children. Clarksburg, Virginia, Nov. 11, 1805., Place and date of publication suggested by McDade. James Campbell and Forbes Britton were the only printers active at Morgantown in 1805., Text in two columns surrounded by mourning border; relief cuts of eight coffins at head; printed area measures 36.6 x 17.4 cm., This title may also be available on microopaque as part of the collection Early American imprints, Second series (New York: Readex Microprint Corp., 1964- )., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2004-2007] Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 8941).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Shaw, R.R. American bibliography 8941, Norona & Shetler. West Virginia, 582, and McDade, T.M. Murder, 182
View MARC record | catkey: 3766565