An English spelling-book [electronic resource] ; with reading lessons adapted to the capacities of children: : in three parts. Calculated to advance the learners by natural and easy gradations; and to teach orthography and pronunciation together. / By Lindley Murray, author of "English grammar, adapted to the different classes of learners.["].
- Murray, Lindley, 1745-1826
- Poughkeepsie [N.Y.] : Printed and published by Paraclete Potter, Main-Street, 1809.
- The seventh American from the fifth London edition.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 6 unnumbered pages, 175 pages, 3 unnumbered pages ; 15 cm
- "Notice, by the publishers," p. [xi-xii], from Collins & Perkins editions, warns against expurgated, abridged, enlarged and otherwise spurious editions of Murray's works.
"Recommendations of this work."--p. -175.
"P. Potter has for sale ..."--p. [176-178].
This title may also be available on microopaque as part of the collection Early American imprints, Second series (New York: Readex Microprint Corp., 1964- ).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2004-2007] Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 18152).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Shaw, R.R. American bibliography 18152
View MARC record | catkey: 3766630