Sequel to the English reader: or, Elegant selections in prose and poetry [electronic resource] : Designed to improve the highest class of learners, in reading; to establish a taste for just and accurate composition; and to promote the interests of piety and virtue. / By Lindley Murray, author of "English grammar adapted to the different classes of learner," &c. ; From the third English edition, enlarged and improved
- New-York : Printed and sold by Collins and Perkins, no. 189 Pearl-Street, 1810.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 372 pages ; 18 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Murray, Lindley, 1745-1826
- "Caution, by the American publishers," p. [ii-iv], warns against expurgated, abridged, enlarged and otherwise spurious editions of Murray's works., "The second edition of this work has received the author's particular attention. ... The new edition contains also, in an appendix, biographical sketches of the authors mentioned in the 'Introduction to the English reader' the 'English reader' itself, and the 'Sequel to the reader.'..."--Advertisement, p. [vii]., "The following is a list of Collins & Perkins's editions of Murray's works, with their prices at retail, and by the dozen."--p. [iv]., "Recommendations of this work."--p. -368., ""Of Collins & Perkins may be had, also, new editions of the following books by the same author."--p. 368-372. Includes recommendations and reviews., This title may also be available on microopaque as part of the collection Early American imprints, Second series (New York: Readex Microprint Corp., 1964- )., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2004-2007] Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 20823).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Shaw, R.R. American bibliography 20823
View MARC record | catkey: 3769658