The sensei way at work : the five keys to a lean business transformation / Dan Prock. ; foreword by John Shook
- Prock, Dan
- Boca Raton, FL : Routledge, 2021.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxvii, 158 pages) : illustrations (black and white).
- The Sensei Way at Work follows in the wake of dozens of successful business books on the Toyota production system, lean enterprise, and the Toyota Way, yet it is unique. It identifies the five keys that sustain successful lean production in Western enterprises--a challenge that has stymied business leaders, managers, and lean coaches for decades. The first reason for our frequent inability to sustain the initial gains of lean startups is a misunderstanding of the Japanese term "kaizen mind." Many mistranslate it as a "hunger" for business efficiency and cost reduction. In fact, kaizen mind is a psychology of "mindfulness" joined with "creativity." And once evoked by a sensei, it can be applied (without training) when a leader mandates that employees and managers solve quality problems and redesign the work together. The second reason is our need to develop new change leaders who know "the way." A sensei immerses prospects in a series of challenges until they learn to do the work of change with the mind of a leader, that is, from the states of presence, flow, and compassion. Lasting organizational transformation becomes possible, even inevitable, when its leaders learn the five keys and realize "one big thing" in the Sensei Way.
- 9780429355271 electronic book
0429355270 electronic book
9781000388053 electronic book
1000388050 electronic book
9781000388084 electronic book EPUB
1000388085 electronic book EPUB
- "Productivity Press book"
View MARC record | catkey: 37743187