Acceptance and commitment skills for perfectionism and high-achieving behaviors : do things your way, be yourself, and live a purposeful life / Patricia E. Zurita Ona
- Zurita Ona, Patricia
- [Place of publication not identified] : Routledge, 2021.
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (200 pages).
- Taylor & Francis: ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu
- Section I: WHAT⁰́₉S WRONG WITH CARING DEEPLY? 1. WHY BOTHER WITH THIS BOOK? 2. DOING THINGS PERFECTLY MAKES SENSE! 3. OTHERS ARE WRONG, YOU⁰́₉RE RIGHT 4. FLIPPING THE COIN 5. ALL TYPES OF HIGH-ACHIEVING ACTIONS Section II: UNPACKING YOUR PERSONAL HISTORY 6. HOW COME YOU CARE SO MUCH? 7. THE MANY SHADES OF FEAR 8. MISTAKES, ERRORS, FLAWS 9. A SPECIAL TYPE OF FEAR 10. MENTAL RUBRICS11. PERSONAL NARRATIVES Section III:HARNESSING THE POWER OF HIGH-ACHIEVING AND PERFECTIONISTIC ACTIONS12. THE FUTURE OF CARING BEHAVIORS 13. WHAT ARE YOUR PRECIOUS GEMS? 14. DOES IT REALLY MATTER? 15. IMPORTANT QUESTIONS, IMPORTANT ANSWERS 16. ONE YEAR FROM NOW 17. DOING THINGS RIGHT" IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO, AT TIMES 18. WHAT GAME ARE YOU PLAYING? Section IV: THE WORKABILITY GAME 19. LEARNING ABOUT IT 20. PLAYING IT 21. COMMITTING TO IT Section V: PAUSE AND PLAY 22. THE GREAT ESCAPE 23. THE FLEETING FEELINGS 24. SEIZING AND FREEZING 25. OVERLY PROTECTIVE FRIENDS 26. TO BUY OR NOT TO BUY? 27. HOLD THEM TIGHTLY, REALLY! 28. 99 PERCENT 30. MINDING AND UNWINDING 31. MINI-ME STORIES 32. TERRIBLE FEELINGS 33. PLEASED TO MEET YOU! 34. PLUS AND MINUS 35. DON'T GO DOWN THE RABBIT HOLE! 36. DARING TO BE KIND! 37. VULNERABILITIES OR LIABILITIES? 38. LESS CHASING, MORE CHOOSING 39. WHEN-THEN THOUGHTS 40. TOUGH CHOICES NEED KINDNESS Section VI: ONWARD AND UPWARD! 41. MESSY MOMENTS 42. LIVING WITH NOT KNOWING 43. UNDOING DECIDOPHOBIA 45. TOUGH LOVE 46. LET'S MOVE 47. TO QUIT OR NOT TO QUIT 48. FINDING YOUR RHYTHM 49. LITTLE TIDBITS 50. SWEET CONTRADICTIONS 51. SUGARCOATING MOMENTS 52. O-VER-RE-SPON-SI-BIL-I-TY 53. DOING LESS, LIVING MORE
- This book is essential for those who are prone to high-achieving, self-starting, and perfectionistic actions; people who relentlessly, persistently, and determinedly pursue their dreams, goals, and aspirations; people who hold their high standards, principles, and values close to their heart. Chapter by chapter you will learn acceptance and commitment skills to harness the power of perfectionism and high achieving behaviors while living the life you want to live. You will learn how to be yourself, keep your fears in perspective, and do meaningful things without dwelling for hours on the different ways to make things right, postponing things because they aren⁰́₉t ready, struggling for days with rumination, anxiety and stress, or wrestling periodically with harsh criticisms. This book will show you how you can give your best, work hard and push yourself when you deeply care about things without sacrificing your well-being, hurting your relationships, or compromising your health. You will learn when to engage in high achieving actions in an effective, life-expansive and skillful way. You will develop a new workable relationship with all those narratives about not being good enough and treat yourself with kindness, compassion, and caring. Most importantly, you will find that you can be yourself without losing yourself.
- 9781003083153 (electronic bk.)
1003083153 (electronic bk.)
9781000488081 (electronic bk. : EPUB)
100048808X (electronic bk. : EPUB)
9781000488029 (electronic bk. : PDF)
1000488020 (electronic bk. : PDF)
View MARC record | catkey: 37744289