Environmental policy in the EU : actors, institutions and processes / edited by Andrew Jordan, Viviane Gravey
- Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, NY : Routledge, 2021.
- Fourth edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Jordan, Andrew, 1968- and Gravey, Viviane
- Taylor & Francis: ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu
- EU environmental policy : contexts, actors and policy dynamics / Andrew Jordan, Viviane Gravey and Camilla Adelle -- The establishment of EU environmental policy / Christoph Knill and Duncan Liefferink -- External EU environmental policy / Katja Biedenkopf and Lisanne Groen -- Studying EU environmental policy / Andrea Lenschow -- The council, European council and member state / Rüdiger K. W. Wurzel -- The European commission / Alexander Bürgin -- The court of justice of the European Union / Ludwig Krämer -- The European parliament / Charlotte Burns -- Interest groups / Nathalie Berny and Brendan Moore -- Agenda setting / Sebastiaan Princen -- Policy making / Henning Deters -- Policy integration / Claire Dupont and Andrew Jordan -- Policy implementation / Asya Zhelyazkova and Eva Thomann -- Policy evaluation / Per Mickwitz -- The EU in international environmental negotiations / Tom Delreux -- Is the EU still committed to developing more sustainably? / Reinhard Steurer -- Governing with multiple policy instruments? / Brendan Moore, David Benson, Andrew Jordan, Rüdiger K. W. Wurzel and Anthony Zito -- Making EU environmental policy more legitimate? / Andreas Hofmann -- New policy dynamics in more uncertain times? / Viviane Gravey and Andrew Jordan -- EU environmental policy at 50 : retrospect and prospect / Andrew Jordan, Viviane Gravey and Camilla Adelle.
- "The European Union (EU) has a hugely important effect on the way in which environmental policies are framed, designed and implemented in many parts of the world, but especially Europe. The new edition of this leading textbook provides a state-of-the-art analysis of the EU's environmental policies. Comprising five parts, Environmental Policy in the EU covers the rapidly changing context in which EU environmental policies are made, the key actors who interact to co-produce them and the most salient dynamics of policy making, ranging from agenda setting and decision making, through to implementation and evaluation. Written by leading international experts, individual chapters examine how the EU is responding to a multitude of different challenges including biodiversity loss, climate change, energy insecurity, and water and air pollution. They tease out the different ways in which the EU's policies on these topics co-evolve with national and international environmental policies. In this systematically updated fourth edition, a wider array of learning features are employed to ensure that readers fully understand how EU environmental policies have developed over the last fifty years and how they are currently adapting to the rapidly evolving challenges of the twenty-first century, including the COVID-19 pandemic. It is an essential resource for undergraduate and postgraduate students studying environmental policy and politics, climate change, environmental law and EU politics more broadly"--
- 9780429402333 (ebook)
9780429688645 (electronic bk. : Mobipocket)
0429688644 (electronic bk. : Mobipocket)
9780429688652 (electronic bk. : EPUB)
0429688652 (electronic bk. : EPUB)
9780429688669 (electronic bk. : PDF)
0429688660 (electronic bk. : PDF)
View MARC record | catkey: 37745902