MAXIMISING THE IMPACT OF TEACHING ASSISTANTS IN PRIMARY SCHOOLS [electronic resource] : a practical
- Webster, Rob, 1976-
- [Place of publication not identified] : ROUTLEDGE, 2021.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Bosanquet, Paula, Franklin, Sally, 1978-, and Parker, Matthew, 1983-
- Taylor & Francis: ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu
- Drawing on the lessons from one of the world's leading research and development efforts involving teaching assistants (TAs), this book is the authors' most authoritative text yet on how to design a whole school plan to improve TAs' deployment, practice and preparedness, and put it into action. The authors use robust theories and original research to explore an innovative and integrated approach to making the most of TAs, and recognising the valuable contributions they make to the classroom and the school. Structured around a unique and empirically sound conceptual framework, this book provides essential principles, practical tools and workable strategies, developed through collaboration with hundreds of UK schools. It focuses on ensuring TAs can thrive in their role, and presents the tools and techniques needed to do so accessibly, and is illustrated with case studies on school and classroom practices. Essential reading for all primary school leaders and SENCOs responsible for training and managing TAs, this book is also a useful resource for teachers and teaching assistants looking to optimise the TAs' contributions. Used in combination with The Teaching Assistant's Guide to Effective Interaction, Maximising the Impact of Teaching Assistants in Primary Schools is a comprehensive and unrivalled guide to supporting school workforce improvement.
- 9781000381894 (electronic bk.)
1000381897 (electronic bk.)
9781003031420 (electronic bk.)
1003031420 (electronic bk.)
9781000381931 (electronic bk. : EPUB)
1000381935 (electronic bk. : EPUB)
View MARC record | catkey: 37746935