Combating corruption in the Middle East : a socio-legal study of Kuwait / Khaled S. Al-Rashidi
- Al-Rashidi, Khaled
- Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, NY : Routledge, 2021.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xvii, 287 pages) : illustrations
- Taylor & Francis: ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu
- The Phenomenon of Corruption -- Counter-Corruption : Values and Strategies -- Kuwaiti Criminal Counter-Corruption Measures -- Kuwaiti Non-Criminal Counter-Corruption Measures.
- "This book examines the phenomenon of 'grand corruption' in Kuwait and the pattern in the wider region. Taking an interdisciplinary approach, the work places corruption in its sociological, political and economic context to explore the relationship between the characteristics of Kuwait as a state with an endemic corruption problem. It then focuses on laws and regulations as key problem-solving mechanisms. In doing so, it identifies, explores and assesses the existing counter-corruption laws and regulations in Kuwait in a broad socio-political-economic context. The work goes beyond doctrinal legal research, employing empirical methodology based on semi-structured interviews with elite politicians and professional experts from criminal justice and NGOs. These valuable and original insights are reflected upon throughout the study"--
- 9781003153740 electronic book
1003153747 electronic book
9781000367799 electronic book
1000367797 electronic book
9781000367812 electronic book
1000367819 electronic book
View MARC record | catkey: 37747199