Ethics and the good nurse : character in the professional domain / Andrew Peterson, James Arthur, and Jinu Varghese
- Peterson, Andrew, 1976-
- [Place of publication not identified] : Routledge, 2021.
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (104 pages).
- Additional Creators:
- Arthur, James, 1957- and Varghese, Jinu
- Taylor & Francis: ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu
- IntroductionChapter 1 The Professions and CharacterChapter 2 Virtues and the Ethical NurseChapter 3 Nurses and Nursing: Motivations, Personal Character Strengths and Ideal Character StrengthsChapter 4 Nurses, Ethical Dilemmas and the Ethical Education of NursesConclusions, Recommendations and Further ResearchReferences
- Ethics and the Good Nurse draws on internationally leading empirical research conducted by the Jubilee Centre for Character and Virtues, and explores nursing as a virtuous profession through a close examination of nurses⁰́₉ character. With the belief that virtues such as kindness, integrity, compassion, and honesty are core to the nursing profession, this book draws on extended insights from the Jubilee Centre⁰́₉s Virtuous Practicing in Nursing study, to understand the role of such virtues in the professional practice and education of nurses. The book brings together knowledge from academics, scholars, and practitioners, to address the influence of personal and professional character on nurses and nursing. By including clear implications for policy, practice and research, Ethics and the Good Nurse serves as essential reading for a wide audience, including nurses, policy makers and nursing organisations and provides a timely and much-needed contribution to the field of nursing and character education.
- 9781003146308 (electronic bk.)
1003146309 (electronic bk.)
9781000539752 (electronic bk. : PDF)
100053975X (electronic bk. : PDF)
9781000539806 (electronic bk. : EPUB)
1000539806 (electronic bk. : EPUB)
View MARC record | catkey: 37748100