Powder house explosion, December 13th, 1813, in the town of Albany, state of New York [electronic resource] / Composed by Mr. Babbet [i.e., Babbit], ; who was present in the dreadful scene, and witnessed the destruction of both his sons, William twelve, and Alonzo eight years old, laborers in the mill. ...
- Babbit, James, 1769-1849
- [Albany] : [publisher not identified], [1813?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet (1 unnumbered page)
- Additional Creators:
- Ballou, Silas, 1753-1837
- Verse in twenty-eight stanzas on the deaths of William and Alonzo Babbit, sons of the Rev. James Babbit, who were killed by an explosion in the United States Laboratory, at Albany, N.Y., Dec. 13, 1813; first lines: On the thirteenth of December, eighteen hundred and thirteen.
This poem was later published with Rev. James Babbit's The substance of a sermon, delivered at Dana, (Mas.) August, 1815, in commemoration of the death of William and Alonzo Babbit ... Hudson [N.Y.], 1819 (Shaw & Shoemaker 47036), where it is attributed on the title page to Silas Ballou, of Richmond, N.H. Textual details and a reference to "my children" suggest that the attribution is erroneous.
Text printed in two columns within ornamental border.
This title may also be available on microopaque as part of the collection Early American imprints, Second series (New York: Readex Microprint Corp., 1964- ).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2004-2007] Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 30722).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Shaw, R.R. American bibliography 30722
View MARC record | catkey: 3774935