Compaction and cementation controls on reservoir quality in Buntsandstein red beds
- Schmidt, Christina
- Karlsruhe KIT Scientific Publishing 2022
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic resource (182 p.)
- Language Note:
- Restrictions on Access:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access
- Reservoir quality in fluvial siliciclastic rocks is variable. Permeability is influenced by micron-scale grain coatings or bedding style on the m-/km-scale. Outcrops allow the analysis of depositional environments and diagenesis, thus an investigation of reservoir quality controls. A process-oriented approach is used to understand variability in a meander deposit, compaction and cementation behavior of lithofacies types during burial and the discrepancy between porosity and permeability values.
- Other Subject(s):
- OAPEN Library.
- Creative Commons http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0
View MARC record | catkey: 37752442