Chapter Cross-linguistic considerations on preverb stacking (with special reference to Bulgarian)
- Muro, Alessio
- Florence Firenze University Press 2017
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic resource (16 p.)
- library.oapen.org , Open Access: OAPEN Library, download the publication
- library.oapen.org , Open Access: OAPEN Library: description of the publication
- Language Note:
- Restrictions on Access:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access
- The term preverb stacking (PS) designates the co-occurrence on one verbal base of two or more prefixes bearing spatial, aspectual, or quantificational meanings. The phenomenon is especially productive in Slavic but is also attested in other Indo-European and non-Indo-European languages. This paper provides a first attempt at a cross-linguistic typology of PS. It will also pay attention to problems typical of Slavic (i.e. the interaction of PS and the aspectual value of the verb in terms of the typical Slavic perfective vs. imperfective dichotomy). Special attention will be paid to Bulgarian.
- Other Subject(s):
- OAPEN Library.
- Creative Commons https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
View MARC record | catkey: 37754344