Looking-glass for the mind; or, Intellectual mirror [electronic resource] : Being an elegant collection of the most delightful little stories, and interesting tales. / Chiefly translated from that much admired work L'ami des enfans. ; With elegant engravings on wood. By Anderson
- Berquin, M. (Arnaud), 1747-1791
- Uniform Title:
- Ami des enfans. Selections. English
- New-York : Printed and published by George Long, no. 71, Pearl-Street, 1819.
- Tenth New York edition.
- Physical Description:
- iv, 203 pages, 1 unnumbered page : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Johnson, R. (Richard), 1733 or 1734-1793 and Anderson, Alexander, 1775-1870
- Selection of prose and poetry translated from Arnaud Berquin's L'Ami des enfans. Possibly translated by Richard Johnson. Cf. Weedon, M.J.P. "Richard Johnson and the successors of John Newbery." The Library, 5th series, 4 (1949): 37, 55-56., Caption title: Looking glass., Last page blank., This title may also be available on microopaque as part of the collection Early American imprints, Second series (New York: Readex Microprint Corp., 1964- )., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2004-2007] Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 51859).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Shaw, R.R. American bibliography 51859 and Welch, D.A. Bibliography of American children's books printed prior to 1821, 76.17
View MARC record | catkey: 3775573