The Cegiha language : [the speech of the Omaha and Ponka tribes of the Siouan linguistic family of North American Indians] / by James Owen Dorsey
- Dorsey, James Owen, 1848-1895
- Washington : Govt. Print. Off., 1890.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xviii, 794 pages) : map, plan, music
- Additional Creators:
- La Flesche, Francis, 1857-1932
- Language Note:
- In English, some stories in the Dhegiha language.
- pt. 1. Myths, stories, and letters. Myths. Ponka historical texts. Omaha historical texts. Letters dictated by Omahas and Ponkas -- pt. 2. Additional myths, stories, and letters. Additional letters.
- At head of title: Department of the Interior. U.S. Geographical and Geological Survey of the Rocky Mountain Region. J.W. Powell, in charge.
The corrections and contributions by Frances La Flèche are especially noted by the collector.
Reproduction of the original from the Bruce Peel Special Collections Library, University of Alberta.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 37756512