Worlds displayed; for the benefit of young people, by a familiar history of some of their inhabitants [electronic resource] : [Four lines of Scripture texts].
- Campbell, John, 1766-1840
- Boston : Printed and sold at no. 53, Cornhill, by Lincoln & Edmands. Who publish a great variety of cheap religious tracts. On cash purchases of 5 dols. a discount of 5 per cent. will be made; over 10 dols. 10 per cent. The orders of charitable distributors, resident in any part of the United States, promptly answered, 1811. Price, 1,20 cts. a doz. 9 dols. a hundred.
- Physical Description:
- 70 pages, 2 unnumbered pages : illustrations ; 14 cm
- An allegory., "The design of this little book is to impress the minds of young people with the importance of time and eternity, and to exhibit the close connexion that there is betwixt them. ... The first edition having gone off in less than four months encourages me to publish a second ..."--Preface, t.p. verso, signed: John Campbell. Edinburgh, February 25, 1800., Errors in paging: p. 20, 22, 31 misnumbered 21, 20, 13., Pages  and  blank; pasted to wrapper., Pages  and  have wood engravings illustrating various quotations from the Bible., This title may also be available on microopaque as part of the collection Early American imprints, Second series (New York: Readex Microprint Corp., 1964- )., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2004-2007] Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 22468).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Shaw, R.R. American bibliography 22468, Shaw, R.R. American bibliography 22435a, and Welch, D.A. Bibliography of American children's books printed prior to 1821, 154.9
View MARC record | catkey: 3776944