An account of Abimelech Coody and other celebrated writers of New-York [electronic resource] : in a letter from a traveller, to his friend in South Carolina
- Clinton, DeWitt, 1769-1828
- [New York] : [publisher not identified], January 1815.
- Physical Description:
- 16 pages ; 21 cm
- A satire, by DeWitt Clinton, aimed at Gulian C. Verplanck (Abimelech Coody) and other literary men of New York who had opposed Clinton and supported the war. Cf. Century Association (New York, N.Y.). Proceedings of the Century Association in honor of the memory of Gulian C. Verplanck, New York, 1870.
The letter is dated "New-York, January 11th, 1815" and signed: The traveller.
This title may also be available on microopaque as part of the collection Early American imprints, Second series (New York: Readex Microprint Corp., 1964- ).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2004-2007] Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 34370).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Shaw, R.R. American bibliography 34370
View MARC record | catkey: 3777685