The Columbian almanac, for the year of our Lord, 1816 ... [electronic resource] / Calculated for the latitude and meridian of Philadelphia, by Andrew Biers [Beers, i.e. Joshua Sharp].
- New Brunswick [N.J.] : Printed [by Ann Cochran Coles, Philadelphia] for Robert Stewart, travelling bookseller, 
- Physical Description:
- 36 unnumbered pages : illustrations ; 18 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Sharp, Joshua and Beers, Andrew, 1749-1824
- Previous issues are entitled Stewart's Columbian almanac., The calculator was not Beers but Joshua Sharp. The calculations and astronomical notes on the calendar pages, as well as the eclipse predictions, are identical throughout with those in The New Jersey & Pennsylvania almanac for 1816, by Sharp, published at Trenton. The latter almanac lacks the column of time equations and adds one for the sun's declination., All or most of the almanacs issued by Robert Stewart, whose titles usually begin with the word "Stewart's," contain the astronomical calculations of Joshua Sharp, usually offprinted from legitimate almanacs bearing his name. On Stewart's title pages, however, the name of another well-known calculator was often substituted, presumably in an effort to widen sales of Stewart's publications., The typography of the title page, preliminary pages, and calendar pages, and the figure of the Anatomy, are identical with those in The Pennsylvania almanac for the previous year, 1815, printed at Philadelphia by Ann Coles. The pages at the end containing courts, roads, and various tables are offprints from this almanac., Signatures [A]² B⁶ C⁴ D⁶., Title vignette: seal of the United States. The Anatomy is the only other illustration., This title may also be available on microopaque as part of the collection Early American imprints, Second series (New York: Readex Microprint Corp., 1964- )., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2004-2007] Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 34401).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Shaw, R.R. American bibliography 34401 and Drake, M. Almanacs, 5319
View MARC record | catkey: 3777878