The English reader: or Pieces in prose and poetry, selected from the best writers [electronic resource] : Designed to assist young persons to read with propriety and effect; to improve their language and sentiments; and to inculcate some of the most important principles of piety and virtue. : With a few preliminary observations on the principles of good reading. / By Lindley Murray, author of "English grammar adapted to the different classes of learners," &c.
- Pittsburgh : Published by Cramer, Spear and Eichbaum, Franklin Head, Market Street. Robert Ferguson & Co. printers, 1815.
- Second Pittsburgh edition.
- Physical Description:
- xxiv, 1 unnumbered page, 26-289 pages, 3 unnumbered pages ; 19 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Murray, Lindley, 1745-1826
- "Cramer, Spear & Eichabaum ... have lately published ..."--p. [291-292]., This title may also be available on microopaque as part of the collection Early American imprints, Second series (New York: Readex Microprint Corp., 1964- )., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2004-2007] Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 35373).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Shaw, R.R. American bibliography 35373
View MARC record | catkey: 3779535