The cozeners [electronic resource] ; a comedy in three acts. / By Samuel Foote, Esq. ; (First published in London, 1776.).
- Foote, Samuel, 1720-1777
- New-York : Published by D. Longworth, at the Dramatic Repository, Shakspeare-Gallery, Oct.--1813.
- Physical Description:
- 64 pages ; 16 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Garrick, David, 1717-1779
- Parentheses substituted for square brackets in imprint transcription.
"Prologue. Written by Mr. Garrick--spoken by Mr. Foote."--p. .
"Circumstantial evidence. The following is a remarkable instance of the fallaciousness of circumstantial evidence, though of the strongest nature. Extraordinary case of Jonathan Bradford, who was executed at Oxford, for the murder of Christopher Hayes, Esq. in the year 1736."--p. -65.
This title may also be available on microopaque as part of the collection Early American imprints, Second series (New York: Readex Microprint Corp., 1964- ).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2004-2007] Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 28527).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Shaw, R.R. American bibliography 28527
Stoddard, R.E. Longworth dramatic imprints, 243
View MARC record | catkey: 3780261