Selectæ e profanis scriptoribus historiæ [electronic resource] : Quibus admista sunt varia honeste vivendi præcepta, ex iisdem scriptoribus deprompta
- Philadelphiæ : Impensis M. Carey, Johnson & Warner, Bennett & Walton, E. Kimber, Ed. Parker, Is. Peirce, Kimber & Richardson, & Ab. Small, 1815.
- Hæc editio Philadelphiensis prioribus certe emendatior, et juventati utilior--accurante Ric. Dabney.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 299 pages
- Additional Creators:
- Heuzet, Jean, approximately 1660-1728
Ross, James, 1744-1827
Dabney, Richard, 1787?-1825
- Selected and translated by Jean Heuzet.
"I have made use of all the ancient profane authors, Greek as well as Latin, ... I have sometimes even blended them, ... together, upon the same fact or the same maxim ... I have generally preferred, ... the Latins to the Greeks ..."--Preface, p. [iii].
This appears to be the version edited by James Ross.
This title may also be available on microopaque as part of the collection Early American imprints, Second series (New York: Readex Microprint Corp., 1964- ).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2004-2007] Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 34506).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Shaw, R.R. American bibliography 34506
Shaw, R.R. American bibliography 34505
View MARC record | catkey: 3781703