The History of insects [electronic resource] : [Two lines from Genesis].
- New-York : Printed and sold by S. Wood & Sons, at the Juvenile Book-Store, no. 357, Pearl-Street, 1816.
- Physical Description:
- 2 unnumbered pages, 28 pages : illustrations ; 11 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Barbauld, Mrs. (Anna Letitia), 1743-1825
- Elephant-beetle -- Grasshopper -- Cricket -- Locust -- Flea -- Louse -- Itch. Mite. Chego. Deathwatch -- Scorpion -- Ants -- Honey-bee -- Dragon-fly -- Butterfly -- Spider -- [Silkworm].
- Preface, p. -5, advocates the humane treatment of all creatures, "great or small."
Two editions noted. In the present edition, the first line on p. 28 reads "itself, and experiences a change".
With a poem by Mrs. Barbauld on verso of title page.
This title may also be available on microopaque as part of the collection Early American imprints, Second series (New York: Readex Microprint Corp., 1964- ).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2004-2007] Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 37841).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Shaw, R.R. American bibliography 37841
Welch, D.A. Bibliography of American children's books printed prior to 1821, 544.7
View MARC record | catkey: 3781784