The History of two horses, and other fables, in verse [electronic resource] ; with moral reflections. : Principally calculated to inspire the minds of youth with filial affection, and a tenderness towards the dumb creation
- Philadelphia : Published and sold wholesale by Wm. Charles, and may be had of all the booksellers. 1811. Wm. M'Culloch, printer, 
- Physical Description:
- 34 pages, 1 unnumbered leaf of plates : illustrations ; 14 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Charles, William, 1776-1820
- Related Titles:
- Tales, &c.
- Caption title: Tales, &c., Frontispiece presumably engraved by William Charles. Cf. Weiss, Harry B. William Charles, early caricaturist, engraver and publisher of children's books, New York, 1932, p. 8., "The old horse's address to his master, on being ordered to be shot."--p. 26-28., "The gray cat."--p. 29-31., "Filial affection."--p. 32-34., "Of Wm. Charles, may also be had, just published ..."--advertisement, back cover., This title may also be available on microopaque as part of the collection Early American imprints, Second series (New York: Readex Microprint Corp., 1964- )., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2004-2007] Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 23018).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Shaw, R.R. American bibliography 23018 and Welch, D.A. Bibliography of American children's books printed prior to 1821, 596
View MARC record | catkey: 3781819