Hutchins improved [electronic resource] : being an almanack and ephemeris ... for the year of our Lord 1815 ... / By John Nathan Hutchins, philom
- New-York : Printed and sold by Alexander Ming, (successor to Hugh Gaine,) No. 104 Water-Street. Where may be had, the New-York pocket almanack, 
- Physical Description:
- 36 unnumbered pages : 1 illustration ; 17 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Beers, Andrew, 1749-1824 and Hutchins, John Nathan, 1700 or 1701-1782
- Hutchins died in 1782, and the calculator of the present almanac was Andrew Beers. The calculations are identical with those in his Beers' Almanack for 1815 (New Haven, Conn.), except those for the sun, which vary because of the difference in meridian between New Haven and New York. The astronomical notes on the calendar pages are also duplicated. Those in Beers for the sun's declination and the clock equations have been transferred in Hutchins to columns devoted to these categories of calculations.
Another issue gives the printer's address as 86 Front Street.
The Anatomy is the only illustration.
This title may also be available on microopaque as part of the collection Early American imprints, Second series (New York: Readex Microprint Corp., 1964- ).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2004-2007] Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 31778).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Shaw, R.R. American bibliography 31778
Drake, M. Almanacs, 6413
View MARC record | catkey: 3782238