A law establishing a Supreme Court [electronic resource] : and documents, published by a joint resolution of the Legislative Council, and House of Representatives, of Illinois Territory
- Corporate Author:
- Uniform Title:
- Act establishing a Supreme Court for Illinois Territory
- Kaskaskia [Ill.] : Printed by Matthew Duncan, printer to the territory, Decr. 24, 1814.
- Physical Description:
- 45 pages, 1 unnumbered page
- Additional Creators:
- Sprigg, William, Thomas, Jesse Burgess, 1777-1853, Illinois. Governor (1809-1818 : Edwards), and Illinois. General Assembly
- Signed on p. 11: Risdon Moore, speaker of the House of Representatives. Pierre Menard, president of the Council. Approved, December 13th, 1814, Ninian Edwards.
Last page blank.
"Letter of the Hon. Judges Thomas and Sprigg. To the honorable the Legislature of Illinois."--p. 12-20. Signed on p. 20: J.B. Thomas, Wm. Sprigg. Kaskaskia, December 7, 1814.
"The Legislatures [sic] answer to the objections made by the Hon. Judges Thomas and Sprigg to the law establishing a Supreme Court."--p. 21. Signed: Risdon More, speaker of the House of Representatives. Pierre Menard, president of the Council.
"Gov. Edwards' address to the Legislative Council and House of Representatives, made in persuance of their request by joint resolution; in answer to Judges Thomas and Sprigg's objections to the law establishing a Supreme Court for Illinois Territory."--p. 22-41. Signed on p. 41: Ninian Edwards. December 12, 1814.
"The honorable legislature of the Illiois Territory. Gentlemen, ... For the two last years past only one suit of common law has been instituted in the General Court of Illinois Territory. ... Robert Morrison, clk. Gen. C. Kaskaskia December, 30, 1814."--p. 42.
"Memorial to Congress by the Legislative Assembly."--p. 43-45. Requesting clarification from Congress regarding establishment of the Illinois Supreme Court.
This title may also be available on microopaque as part of the collection Early American imprints, Second series (New York: Readex Microprint Corp., 1964- ).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2004-2007] Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 31387).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Shaw, R.R. American bibliography 31787
Byrd, C.K. Illinois, 2
View MARC record | catkey: 3782310