Juvenile monitor, or, The new children's friend [electronic resource] / Translated from the German
- Meliss, Lambert
- Barratiere, John Philip
- Children's stories, German
- Conduct of life—Juvenile fiction
- Brothers and sisters—Juvenile fiction
- Older men—Juvenile fiction
- Boys—Employment—Juvenile fiction
- Church attendance—Juvenile fiction
- Social classes—Juvenile fiction
- Charity—Juvenile fiction
- Jews—Juvenile fiction
- Slavery—Africa—Juvenile fiction
- Netherlands—History—Eighty Years' War, 1568-1648—Juvenile literature
- Related Titles:
- New children's friend
- Caption title: The new children's friend.
"J. Belcher, printer--1814."--cover.
Wood engraving, p. , signed, "Bowen" [i.e., Abel Bowen]. Most of the illustrations are not signed; according to Rosenbach, many are by Alexander Anderson. Not recorded by Jane R. Pomeroy in her Alexander Anderson (1775-1870): wood engraver and illustrator, 2005.
"Valuable books, for sale at 58 Cornhill by Bradford and Read. ..."--advertisement, back cover.
This title may also be available on microopaque as part of the collection Early American imprints, Second series (New York: Readex Microprint Corp., 1964- ).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2004-2007] Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 31846).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Shaw, R.R. American bibliography 31846
Welch, D.A. Bibliography of American children's books printed prior to 1821, 709
Rosenbach, A.S.W. Children's books, 496
View MARC record | catkey: 3782772