The Life, travels, voyages, and daring engagements of Paul Jones [electronic resource] : Containing numerous anecdotes of undaunted courage. : To which is added The life and adventures of Peter Williamson, who was kidnapped when an infant, from his native place, Aberdeen, and sold for a slave in America
- Uniform Title:
- Life, travels, voyages, and daring engagements of Paul Jones
- Hartford : Printed by John Russell, Jr.--State Street. And for sale, wholesale and retail, 1813.
- Physical Description:
- 106 pages ; 15 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Jones, John Paul, 1747-1792 and Williamson, Peter, 1730-1799
- Jones, John Paul, 1747-1792
- Williamson, Peter, 1730-1799
- United States. Navy—Biography
- Indentured servants—Biography
- Indians of North America—Massacres
- Indian captivities
- United States—History—Revolution, 1775-1783—Naval operations
- United States—History—French and Indian War, 1754-1763—Personal narratives
- Related Titles:
- Interesting life, travels, voyages, &c. of Paul Jones and Life of Paul Jones
- Caption title: The interesting life, travels, voyages, &c. of Paul Jones., Running title: Life of Paul Jones., The life of John Paul Jones "chiefly written by himself" (p. )., Cover imprint varies: Hartford: Published by W.S. Marsh, and for sale at his book-store & bindery, Main-Street. 1813. John Russell, Jr. printer--State-Street., "Life and adventures of Peter Williamson."--p. -106. Apparently by Peter Williamson., "W.S. Marsh, has just published, and offers for sale, wholesale and retail, The life of General Washington, with corrections and additions. Likewise offers for sale, a general assortment of school books, with a great quantity of toys, and small books for the amusement of children. Book-binding executed in all its various branches. Hartford, October, 13, 1813."--advertisement, back cover., This title may also be available on microopaque as part of the collection Early American imprints, Second series (New York: Readex Microprint Corp., 1964- )., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2004-2007] Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 28951).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Shaw, R.R. American bibliography 28951 and Welch, D.A. Bibliography of American children's books printed prior to 1821, 758
View MARC record | catkey: 3783408