The infant preacher, or, The story of Henrietta Smith. Sabbath breaking, a dialogue between two Sunday scholars. Ann Wood [electronic resource] : and other pieces
- Minister of the Gospel
- [Newburyport, Mass.] : Published by Charles Whipple, Newburyport: Who has for sale a large assortment of Sabbath School rewards, on the lowest terms. T.H. Miller, printer, Portsmouth, [1818?]
- Physical Description:
- 36 pages ; 15 cm
- Smith, Henrietta
- Wood, Ann, 1797 or 1798-1808
- Sunday school literature
- Children—Religious life
- Girls—Juvenile literature
- Temperance—Juvenile literature
- Poor—Juvenile literature
- Baptism—Juvenile literature
- Sabbath—Juvenile literature
- Parent and child
- Truthfulness and falsehood—Juvenile fiction
- Mothers and daughters—Juvenile fiction
- Also includes short poems.
Another edition of The infant preacher (New Haven, 1819; Welch 636.2) is described on the title page as being "by a minister of the Gospel."
Shaw & Shoemaker entry 44434 and Welch entry 636.1, based on the Newbury Public Library copy, call for an imprint with a stated date of 1818. This is evidently an error; the Newbury Public Library copy as reproduced in Early American imprints, second series, is without date. Welch entry 636.6 records accurately the title and imprint; Welch suggests a publication date of [1820?].
This title may also be available on microopaque as part of the collection Early American imprints, Second series (New York: Readex Microprint Corp., 1964- ).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2004-2007] Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 44434).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Shaw, R.R. American bibliography 44434
Welch, D.A. Bibliography of American children's books printed prior to 1821, 636.1
Welch, D.A. Bibliography of American children's books printed prior to 1821, 636.6
View MARC record | catkey: 3784868