Poor Will's pocket almanack, for the year 1814 ... [electronic resource].
- Philadelphia : Printed and sold by J. Crukshank, no. 87 High-Street, 
- Physical Description:
- 48 unnumbered pages ; 11 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Sharp, Joshua
- The calendar pages throughout are an abridged version of those in the Philadelphia almanacs calculated by Joshua Sharp for 1814, with nearly all the astronomical notes repeated, some horological notes added, the moon calculations duplicated, and the times for sunrise and sunset combined.
For other years when both were printed by Joseph Crukshank, the astronomical portion of Poor Will's pocket almanack is an abridgment of that in Poor Will's almanack. But in Poor Will's almanack for 1814, only the astronomical notes and clock equations for January-August are by Sharp. All the other calculations on these pages, and all the notes and calculations on the September-December pages, are the work of William Collom as seen in the almanacs for this year bearing his name.
This title may also be available on microopaque as part of the collection Early American imprints, Second series (New York: Readex Microprint Corp., 1964- ).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2004-2007] Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 29543).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Shaw, R.R. American bibliography 29543
Drake, M. Almanacs, 11028
View MARC record | catkey: 3787391