The Hartford Convention in an uproar! And the wise men of the East confounded! [electronic resource] : Together with a Short history of the Peter Washingtonians; being the first book of the chronicles of the children of disobedience; otherwise falsely called "Washington Benevolents." / By Hector Benevolus, Esq. ; [Three lines of quotations].
- Benevolus, Hector
- Windsor, Vt. : Printed for the proprietor of the copy-right.--, 1815.
- Physical Description:
- 46 pages, 2 unnumbered pages, 1 unnumbered leaf of plates : 1 illustration ; 18 cm
- A brief sketch of the Snuff-bottle Convention -- The Hartford Convention, a poem -- Massachusetts commissioners, or The three wise men of the East -- A good one! -- Advertisement -- The three wise men of the East. Tune--"We gang'd bock again with a flea in our ears." -- Washington City, Feb. 23, 1815, to the editor of the National advocate -- A short history of the Peter Washingtonians -- Song, composed by a Peter Washingtonian. Tune--"We've found the rock,"&c. -- Lamentation of the Washington Benevolent Society, on hearing the news of peace.
- Related Titles:
- Hartford Convention or Leap no leap
- Copyright (p. ) April 19, 1815, by Josiah Stone, proprietor.
Engraved, hand-colored frontispiece is an unsigned political cartoon with caption: The Hartford Convention or Leap no leap.
This title may also be available on microopaque as part of the collection Early American imprints, Second series (New York: Readex Microprint Corp., 1964- ).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2004-2007] Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 34890).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Shaw, R.R. American bibliography 34890
Shaw, R.R. American bibliography 34041
McCorison, M.A. Vermont, 1738
Wegelin, O. Amer. poetry, 1294
View MARC record | catkey: 3789705