Letter from the Secretary of the Navy transmitting sundry documents exhibiting certain preliminary experiments which have been made in the city and harbor of New York [electronic resource] : in conformity with the act of Congress entitled An Act Making an Appropriation for the Purpose of Trying the Practical Use of the Torpedo or Sub-Marine Explosion
- Corporate Author:
- United States. Navy Department
- Washington : A. and G. Way, printers, 1811.
- Physical Description:
- 55 pages : illustrations ; 22 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Rodgers, John, 1773-1838, Fulton, Robert, 1765-1815, and United States. Congress. House
- "February 14, 1811, read, and ordered to lie on the table; printed by order of the House of Representatives of the United States.", The cover letter is addressed to the Speaker of the House and dated February 12, 1811., The documents are reports on the experiments by the official observers; extracts from Commodore Roger's journal kept at the time; and a defensse of his system by Robert Fulton., This title may also be available on microopaque as part of the collection Early American imprints, Second series (New York: Readex Microprint Corp., 1964- )., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2004-2007] Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 24168).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Shaw, R.R. American bibliography 24168
View MARC record | catkey: 3793217