Message from the President of the United States, transmitting a report from the secretary of war, in compliance with a resolution of the Senate of the 25th of January last requesting him "to cause to be laid before it, a copy of the rules and regulations adopted for the government of the Military Academy at West Point; also, how many cadets have been admitted into the Academy; the time of the residence of each cadet at that institution; and how many of them have been appointed officers in the Army and Navy of the United States." [electronic resource] : February 5, 1819. Printed by order of the Senate of the United States
- Corporate Author:
- United States. War Department
- Washington [D.C.] : Printed by E. De Krafft, 1819.
- Physical Description:
- 13 pages, 1 unnumbered page, 9 unnumbered folded leaves ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Calhoun, John C. (John Caldwell), 1782-1850, United States. President (1817-1825 : Monroe), United States Military Academy, and United States. Congress (15th, 2nd session : 1818-1819) Senate
- At head of title, in square brackets: 90.
Report dated "Department of War, 4th February, 1819" and signed on p. 5: J.C. Calhoun.
Last page blank.
"Rules and regulations adopted for the government of the Military Academy at West Point, New York."--p. 9-13. Dated: United States' Military Academy, West Point, May 22d, 1816.
"Register of cadets who have been admitted at the Military Academy, West Point, in the state of New York; the time of their admission and promotion, &c.; and the time they remained at that institution."-- folded leaves.
This title may also be available on microopaque as part of the collection Early American imprints, Second series (New York: Readex Microprint Corp., 1964- ).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2004-2007] Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 49884).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Shaw, R.R. American bibliography 49884
View MARC record | catkey: 3793432