Sketches of human manners [electronic resource] : delineated in stories intended to illustrate the characters, religion, and singular customs, of the inhabitants of different parts of the world / by Priscilla Wakefield
- Wakefield, Priscilla, 1751-1832
- Philadelphia : Johnson & Warner, 1811.
[Philadelphia] : William Greer.
- 1st American ed.
- Physical Description:
- 252 pages : illustrations ; 15 cm
- The African negro -- Dorus and Euphrasia -- The Bramin -- The Indian widow -- Ali Bey -- The Chinese mandarine -- The patriot of Tezcuco -- The North American warrior -- The Russian peasant -- The Greenlanders -- The morse hunters -- The peasant of the Alps -- The British merchant -- The convict -- The faithful Spaniards.
- This title may also be available on microopaque as part of the collection Early American imprints, Second series (New York: Readex Microprint Corp., 1964- ).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2004-2007] Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 24353).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Shaw, R.R. American bibliography 24353
View MARC record | catkey: 3793847