The Psalms of David, imitated in the language of the New Testament, and applied to the Christian use and worship [electronic resource] / by I. Watts, D.D. ; A new edition. In which the Psalms omitted by Dr. Watts are versified, local passages are altered, and a number of Psalms are versified anew, in proper metres. / By Timothy Dwight, D.D. president of Yale College. At the request of the General Association of Connecticut. ; To the Psalms is added a selection of hymns
- Watts, Isaac, 1674-1748
- Uniform Title:
- Psalms of David imitated in the language of the New Testament
- Hartford : Printed by Hudson and Goodwin, 1814.
- Physical Description:
- 475 pages, 15 unnumbered pages ; 14 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Dwight, Timothy, 1752-1817, General Association of Connecticut, and Presbyterian Church in the U.S.A. General Assembly
- Related Titles:
- Bible. Psalms. English and Hymns selected from Dr. Watts, Dr. Doddridge, and various other writers
- Copyright Nov. 13, 1801 by Timothy Dwight., Error in paging: p. 257 misnumbered 357., "Hymns selected from Dr. Watts, Dr. Doddridge, and various other writers. According to the recommendation of the joint committee of the General Association of Connecticut, and the General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church in America. By Timothy Dwight, president of Yale College. Hartford: Printed by Hudson and Goodwin: 1814."--p. -475, , with separate title page (Shaw & Shoemaker 31380)., Includes indexes., This title may also be available on microopaque as part of the collection Early American imprints, Second series (New York: Readex Microprint Corp., 1964- )., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2004-2007] Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 30892).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Shaw, R.R. American bibliography 30892, Shaw, R.R. American bibliography 31380, and Shaw, R.R. American bibliography 31381
View MARC record | catkey: 3794236