A short view of the whole Scripture history [electronic resource] : with a continuation of the Jewish affairs from the Old Testament, till the time of Christ: and an account of the chief prophecies that relate to him: : represented in a way of question and answer. : Illustrated with various remarks on the history and the religion of the Patriarchs, Jews, and Christians, and on the laws, government, sects, customs, and writings of the Jews. / By I. Watts. D.D. ; Also, an account of the destruction of Jerusalem: an absolute and irresistible proof of the divine origin of Christianity
- Watts, Isaac, 1674-1748
- Philadelphia : Published by Rufus Little. John P. Thomson, Owen Flanagan, Philander D. Gillet, and John Yates--agents. Printed by M'Carty and Davis, 1819.
- Third American, from the fifteenth London edition.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 2 unnumbered pages, 14-388 pages, 3 unnumbered folded leaves of plates : 3 illustrations ; 18 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Holford, George, 1768-1839
- Edition statement transposed; precedes "Also an account" on title page.
"Recommendations to this work."--verso of title page.
"The destruction of Jerusalem, an absolute and irresistible proof of the divine origin of Christianity. Including a narrative of the calamities which befel the Jews, so far as they tend to verify our Lord's predictions relative to that event. ; [Three lines from Erskine] Fourth American edition."--p. -388, with separate title page.
This title may also be available on microopaque as part of the collection Early American imprints, Second series (New York: Readex Microprint Corp., 1964- ).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2004-2007] Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 50075).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Shaw, R.R. American bibliography 50075
View MARC record | catkey: 3794262