The American spelling book [electronic resource] ; containing, the rudiments of the English language, for the use of schools in the United States. / By Noah Webster, Esq
- Webster, Noah, 1758-1843
- Uniform Title:
- Grammatical institute of the English language. Part 1
- Philadelphia : Published by Johnson & Warner no. 147, Market-Street. Also sold by Robert Porter, Wilmington, Delaware, 1816.
- Nintieth revised impression.
- Physical Description:
- vi, 1 unnumbered page, 8-168 pages : illustrations ; 17 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Anderson, Alexander, 1775-1870
- Related Titles:
- Easy standard of pronunciation
- First published under title: A grammatical institute of the English language ... part 1.
Running title: An easy standard of pronunciation.
District of Connecticut copyright Mar. 14, 1804, by Noah Webster.
Some illustrations engraved by Alexander Anderson. Cf. Skeel.
Errors in paging: p. 145, 158 misnumbered 147, 156.
"Additional lessons."--p. 151-156.
"A moral catechism."--p. 156-168.
This title may also be available on microopaque as part of the collection Early American imprints, Second series (New York: Readex Microprint Corp., 1964- ).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2004-2007] Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 39758).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Shaw, R.R. American bibliography 39758
Skeel, E.E.F. Webster, 165
View MARC record | catkey: 3794317