Essays, political, economical, and philosophical [electronic resource] / By Benjamin Count of Rumford, Knight of the orders of the White Eagle, and St. Stanislaus; Chamberlain, Privy Counsellor of State, and lieutenant-general in the service of His Most Serene Highness the Elector Palatine, reigning Duke of Bavaria; colonel of his regiment of artillery, and commander in chief of the general staff of his army; F.R.S. Acad. R. Hiber. Berol. Elec. Boicoe, Palat. et Amer. Soc. ; Vol. I[-III].
- Rumford, Benjamin, Graf von, 1753-1814
- Boston : Printed by Manning & Loring, for David West. Sold at his book-store, no. 56, Cornhill; by Ebenezer S. Thomas, Charleston, S. Carolina; and by Solomon Cotton & Co. Baltimore, March, 1798[-1804]
- The first American, from the third London, edition.
- Physical Description:
- 3 volumes : illustrations, charts, 1 portrait ; 22 cm (8vo)
- Additional Creators:
- Trenchard, Edward C., approximately 1777- and Hill, Samuel, approximately 1766-1804
- Dedicated to the Duke of Bavaria., Frontispiece portrait of Count Rumford engraved by E.C. Trenchard; signed plates in v. 2 engraved by Samuel Hill., Edition statement transposed; precedes volume number on title page. Edition statement of v. 3: A new edition., Vol. 2 dated August, 1799; v. 3 dated 1804. Imprint of v. 3 varies: Boston: Printed for West and Greenleaf, no. 56, Cornhill. 1804., "First issued in parts."--Evans 34656. Essays 1 and 2 of v. 2 were issued in August of 1798. Cf. v. 2, p. 310., Vol. 1: xxiii, , 464 p.,  leaf of plates; v. 2: , 196, , 199-496 p., 6, 4,  folded leaves of plates; v. 3: , vii, , 94, , 98-191, , 195-498 p., 8 leaves of plates., Error in paging: v. 1, p. 343 misnumbered 143., Vol. 1 only has half-title., Booksellers' advertisement, v. 3, p. , 7th count., This title may also be available on microopaque as part of the collection Early American imprints, Second series (New York: Readex Microprint Corp., 1964- )., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2004-2007] Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 7212).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Evans, C. American bibliography, 34656, Evans, C. American bibliography, 36251, Shaw, R.R. American bibliography 7212, and Rink, E. Technical Americana, 2899
View MARC record | catkey: 3795265