Richard the Lionheart : king and knight / by Jean Flori ; translated by Jean Birrell
- Flori, Jean
- Uniform Title:
- Richard Cœur de Lion. English
- Westport, Conn. : Praeger, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- vi, 450 pages : maps, genealogical tables ; 25 cm
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- I: Prince, King and crusader -- The early years -- Richard the younger son, Count of Poitou (1174-83) -- Richard the eldest son, Duke of Aquitaine (1184-9) -- King Richard -- Richard in Sicily (1190-1) -- Cyprus and Acre -- Richard versus Saladin (1191-2) -- The lion caged (1192-4) -- Richard versus Philip Augustus (1194-8) -- The death of the lion (1199) -- II: A king as mirror of chivalry -- Richard's image and chivalry -- Chivalry imagined before Richard -- Richard and the three orders -- Chivalric prowess -- The King of England's prowess -- Prowess in outremer -- Royal Largesse -- Chivalric conduct -- Richard and women -- Richard and his legend.
- 9780275993979 (alk. paper) and 0275993973 (alk. paper)
- Originally published: Edinburgh : Edinburgh University Press, 2006. First published: Paris : Payot & Rivages, c1999.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages [415-444]) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3796532