The human rights field operation : law, theory and practice / edited by Michael O'Flaherty
- Aldershot, England ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 467 pages ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- O'Flaherty, Michael (Solicitor)
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Human rights field operations : an introductory analysis / Michael O'Flaherty -- The fundamental protection function of the human rights field operation / Nicholas Howen -- The legal base for human rights field operations / Nigel D. White and Marco Odello -- Towards an ethical base for the work of human rights field operations / George Ulrich -- How human rights field operations are deployed : policy, politics and practice / Daniel Moeckli and Manfred Nowak -- The human rights field operation in partnership for peace / Bertrand G. Ramcharan -- The human rights field operation in partnership for security / William G. O'Neill -- The human rights field operation in partnership for transitional justice / David Marshall -- The human rights field operation in partnership for humanitarian relief and reconstruction / Michael O'Flaherty -- Protection : the United Nations Children's Fund experience / Karin Landgren -- Protection : the office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees experience / Maria Stavropoulou -- Protection : the International Committee of the Red Cross experience / Alain Aeschlimann -- Protection : a non-governmental organisation experience, Peace Brigades International / Liam Mahony -- Case study : the United Nations human rights field operation in East Timor / Patrick Burgess -- Case study : the United Nations human rights field operation in Sierra Leone / Michael O'Flaherty -- Case study : the United Nations human rights field operation in Angola / Todd Howland -- Case study : comparative aspects of the human rights field operations in Bosnia-Herzegovina and Guatemala / Milburn Line -- The human rights field operations of the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe / Susanne Ringgaard-Pedersen and Annette Lythe -- Compendium of resources regarding human rights field operations of intergovernmental organisations / Kevin Turner.
- 0754649369 (hbk. : alk. paper)
9780754649366 (hbk. : alk. paper)
0754649377 (pbk. : alk. paper)
9780754649373 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -441) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3796724