Subsea nuclear power generating stations for offshore oil production operations. Preliminary safety and licensing information document
- United States : [publisher not identified], 1977.
[Oak Ridge, Tennessee] : [U.S. Atomic Energy Commission], 1977.
- Physical Description:
- microfiche : negative ; 11 x 15 cm
- This document presents preliminary safety and licensing information relating to the manufacture, installation, and operation of small subsea nuclear generating stations in remote offshore locations, and the associated onshore base-site activities of reactor refueling and system refurbishment at 4-year intervals. The purpose of the proposed facilities is to provide a subsea power capability for offshore oil production operations in areas where surface conditions, water depths, or other environmental constraints may preclude the use of surface-mounted power sources. This will provide the capability to achieve the maximum recovery of petroleum resources from the U.S. frontier areas. Summary descriptions of a typical subsea nuclear generating station and a typical base site-facility are presented. General safety and licensing considerations are discussed, and a representative schedule of licensing activities is outlined.
- Report Numbers:
- Other Subject(s):
- 02 PETROLEUM
- 020300 - Petroleum- Drilling & Production
- 21 SPECIFIC NUCLEAR REACTORS AND ASSOCIATED PLANTS
- 210600 - Power Reactors, Auxiliary, Mobile Package, & Transportable
- 210701 - Nuclear Power Plants- Regulation & Licensing- Power Reactor Docket Information
- 22 GENERAL STUDIES OF NUCLEAR REACTORS
- 220900* - Nuclear Reactor Technology- Reactor Safety
- 29 ENERGY PLANNING, POLICY AND ECONOMY
- 290600 - Energy Planning & Policy- Nuclear Energy
- 294002 - Energy Planning & Policy- Petroleum
- ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT
- HYDRIDE MODERATED REACTORS
- NUCLEAR FACILITIES
- NUCLEAR POWER PLANTS
- OFFSHORE DRILLING
- OFFSHORE NUCLEAR POWER PLANTS
- OFFSHORE OPERATIONS
- OFFSHORE SITES
- OIL WELLS
- POWER PLANTS
- POWER SUPPLIES
- REACTOR LICENSING
- REACTOR SAFETY
- SEA BED
- THERMAL POWER PLANTS
- TRANSPORTABLE REACTORS
- U.S. Atomic Energy Commission depository collection.
- DOE contract number: EY-76-C-03-0701
OSTI Identifier 7294196
Research organization: Rockwell International Corp., Canoga Park, CA (USA).
View MARC record | catkey: 38041069