COMPUTER AND SYSTEM STUDY T-7 REACTOR CONTINUOUS HYDRAULIC ROD DRIVE STUDY
- Leiby, D. W.
- United States : [publisher not identified], 1959.
[Oak Ridge, Tennessee] : [U.S. Atomic Energy Commission], 1959.
- Physical Description:
- microopaque : positive ; 8 x 13 cm
- A description is given of the control rod system configuration from which a series of equations is written defining its modes of operation. From the equations and the numerical data given for the system, an analog simulation is constructed. A series of analyses is made of the openloop performance of the valve-piston configuration for conditions of original parameter data and as a repeat of the same type of study for revised data, received later during the study. The results are in the form of curves of piston velocity as a function of control valve position. Following the open lcop study of the system, a closed- loop-position system-operation investigation was made for the nominal values of the system parameters with variations in loop gain and ship's motion being investigated. The results were obtained in the form of 8-channel recorder charts. A discussion of the results and conclusions to be drawn from the information obtained in the open-loop and closed-loop performance investigation of the system are presented. (auth)
- Report Numbers:
- Other Subject(s):
- U.S. Atomic Energy Commission depository collection.
- DOE contract number: AT-(04-3)-189
NSA number: NSA-15-023112
OSTI Identifier 4061051
Research organization: General Electric Co. General Engineering Lab., Schenectady, N.Y.
View MARC record | catkey: 38045708