DETERMINING SAMPLING RELIABILITY IN BULK ORES
- Church, A. Jr
- United States : [publisher not identified], 1957.
[Oak Ridge, Tennessee] : [U.S. Atomic Energy Commission], 1957.
- Physical Description:
- microopaque : positive ; 8 x 13 cm
- For presentation at the First Annual Tech. Conference of the Chem. Div. of the Am. Soc. for Quality Control, Oct. 19, 1957. The problem of evaluating the method of sampling used on a particular uranium ore or concentrate is considered. It is pointed out that the purpose of this evaluation is to obtain data on possible biases of the sampling method, the way the sample is prepared for analysis, and the analysis itself. In addition it is pointed out that some estimate of precision either over-all or individually, for each step is required. Examples of the use of the aualysis of variauce approach to these problems are given. Finally, some remarks are included on sampling problems associated with other materials used by the Feed Materials Production Center. (auth)
- Report Numbers:
- AECD-4268; M-6385
- Other Subject(s):
- U.S. Atomic Energy Commission depository collection.
- DOE contract number: AT(30-1)-1156
NSA number: NSA-12-012331
OSTI Identifier 4336145
Research organization: National Lead Co. of Ohio, Cincinnati.
View MARC record | catkey: 38049267