The Musketeers. Season 1, episode 8, The challenge / created by Adrian Hodges based on the characters of Alexandre Dumas ; written by Susie Conklin ; produced by Colin Wratten ; directed by Farren Blackburn ; BBC Drama production London, BBC America
- London, England : BBC Worldwide, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (53 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Dumas, Alexandre, 1802-1870, Blackburn, Farren, Wratten, Colin, BBC America, and British Broadcasting Corporation
- Language Note:
- In English.
- On the streets of 17th century Paris, law and order is more a fledgling idea than reality, and the Musketeers, Athos, Aramis and Porthos, are far more than merely royal bodyguards for King Louis XIII; they are inseparable, loyal unto death and committed to upholding justice. After Henry IV's assassination his son, Louis, is King and Cardinal Richelieu is Chief Minister. However the growth of the Cardinal's Red Guards sees the Musketeers marginalised and discredited. With the streets of Paris ruled by an iron fist, the future of the Musketeers begin to fight for justice in a dangerous world. Fed up with the disruptive rivalry between the Musketeers and the Red Guards, the King calls a contest between them to settle which one is stronger once and for all. D'Artagnan is determined to be chosen to fight so that he can prove himself worthy to be a Musketeer. But first he has to learn to control his impetuous nature and to fight with his head, not his heart.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file
- Title from resource description page (viewed May 26, 2022).
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Tom Burke, Santiago Cabrera, Howard Charles, Peter Capaldi, Ryan Gage, Alexandra Dowling, Tamla Kari, Maimie McCoy, Luke Pasqualino, Hugo Speer.
View MARC record | catkey: 38054181