Tipping the velvet. Episode 2 / directed by Geoffrey Sax ; performed by Rachael Stirling, Richard Hope, Monica Dolan, Annie Hulley, Peter Kelly ; produced by Georgina Lowe, Sally Head Productions
- London, England : BBC Worldwide, 2002.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (53 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Lowe, Georgina, Sax, Geoffrey, Stirling, Rachael, 1977-, Hawes, Keeley, 1976-, Bowe, John, 1950-, Hope, Richard (Actor), Dolan, Monica, Hulley, Annie, 1955-, Kelly, Peter, Waters, Sarah, 1966-, Sally Head Productions (Firm), and BBC Worldwide Ltd
- Language Note:
- In English.
- A vibrant and outrageously fun tale of love and life set in the hidden, decadent world of bohemian London in the 1890s. Nan, a young innocent oyster-girl from Whitstable, goes to a music hall for the first time. There she sees Kitty, a beautiful actress and singer dressed as a flirtatious young man-about-town. Nan is captivated. She befriends Kitty, and before long they run away together, as friends, to London. They are not friends for long. Soon they are lovers. Having discovered her true sexuality, lesbianism becomes the driving force of Nan's life. After her betrayal by Kitty, Nan is distraught and abandoned. Forced to leave the theatre, she cannot return to her family in Whitstable. Instead she discovers a new way to earn a living - one that takes her into the world of London's dark underbelly.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file
- Title from resource description page (viewed May 24, 2022).
View MARC record | catkey: 38054259