Foreign investment law including investor-state arbitrations in a nutshell / Ralph H. Folsom, professor of law, University of San Diego School of Law, A.B. Princeton University, J.D. Yale Law School, LLM London School of Economics
- Folsom, Ralph Haughwout
- St. Paul, MN : West Academic Publishing, 
- Copyright Date:
- Third edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Entry controls over foreign investment -- Operational controls over foreign investment -- The law of and insurance against expropriations -- Investing in China -- Investing in Europe -- Investing in North America -- Investor-state arbitrations under BITs and FTAs -- NAFTA 1994 and USMCA 2020 foreign investment law and arbitrations -- Cross border technology transfers.
- "This Nutshell introduces foreign investment entry and operational control patterns, investment-related technology transfers, and expropriation issues. It also explores the multitude of bilateral investment treaties (BITs). Investment regimes under free trade agreements (FTAs) are considered, with special attention to the dynamic rules of NAFTA 1994 and its USMCA 2020 successor. Controversial foreign investor-host state arbitration awards and systems are closely examined. Investing in China, Europe and North America are presented as "case studies"." -- Publisher.
- 9781684675418 (electronic bk.)
1684675413 (electronic bk.)
- Other Edition:
- Revision of: Folsom, Ralph Haughwout. Second edition. St. Paul, MN : West Academic Publishing, 2019
View MARC record | catkey: 38054550