Green Chemical Analysis and Sample Preparations [electronic resource] : Procedures, Instrumentation, Data Metrics, and Sustainability / edited by Mahmoud H. El-Maghrabey, V. Sivasankar, Rania N. El-Shaheny
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2022.
- 1st ed. 2022.
- Physical Description:
- XI, 549 p. 97 illus., 74 illus. in color. online resource
- Additional Creators:
- El-Maghrabey, Mahmoud H., Sivasankar, V., El-Shaheny, Rania N., and SpringerLink (Online service)
- 1-Introduction to green analytical chemistry -- 2-Green analytical chemistry metrics and Life-cycle assessment approach to analytical method development -- 3-Greening analytical Chemistry by chemometrics -- 4-Integration and automation of analytical processes and operations -- 5-In situ measurements and on line measurements for greener analysis -- 6-Liquid-phase microextraction as a greener extraction tool -- 7-Ionic liquids as greener solvents for sample pre-treatment of environmental, pharmaceutical, and biological samples -- 8-Ionic liquids for greener extraction of precious metals -- 9-Deep eutectic solvents, bio-based solvents, and surfactants for green sample pretreatment and determination -- 10-Applications of nanomaterials for greener sample extraction -- 11-Green sorption materials used in analytical procedures -- 12-Recent approaches for greening sample derivatization -- 13-Green chromatography techniques -- 14-Applications of nanomaterials for greener determination of environmental contaminants -- 15-Applications of nanomaterials for greener determination of pharmaceutical and biological molecules -- 16-Applications of nanomaterials for greener food analysis.
- This volume focuses on the most recent trends for greening analytical activities beginning with an introduction to green analytical chemistry followed by a discussion of green analytical chemistry metrics and life-cycle assessment approach to analytical method development. The chapters discuss two main topics; first is the most recent techniques for greening sample pretreatment steps, and second is modern trends for tailoring analytical techniques and instrumentation to implement the green analytical chemistry concept. The role of different kinds of green solvents, such as ionic liquids, supercritical fluids, deep eutectic solvents, bio-based solvents, and surfactants, as well as nanomaterials and green sorption materials in greening sample extraction steps is also a focus of this book. Furthermore, different approaches for greening chromatography as a key analytical technique are discussed. The applications of nanomaterials in analytical procedures are deeply reviewed, and miniaturization of spectrometers is also discussed as a recently evolved approach for efficient green on-site analysis. This book will appeal to a wide readership of academic and industrial researchers in different fields. It can be used in the classroom for undergraduate and postgraduate students focusing on the development of new analytical procedures for organic and inorganic compounds determination in different kinds of samples characterized by complex matrices composition. The book will also be useful for researchers that are interested in both chemical analysis and environment protection.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 38054684