Regional trade agreements and the WTO legal system / edited by Lorand Bartels and Federico Ortino
- Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- xxxiv, 604 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Bartels, Lorand
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- International economic law series
- Economic analysis of regional trade agreements / Viet D. Do and William Watson -- The political economy of regional trade agreements / Chad Damro -- Constitutional functions of the WTO and regional trade agreements / Thomas Cottier and Marina Foltea -- Regional trade agreements and domestic regulation : what reach for "other restrictive regulations of commerce"? / James H. Mathis -- Mandatory abolition of anti-dumping, countervailing duties and safeguards in customs unions and free trade areas constituted between WTO members : revisiting a long-standing discussion in light of the appellate body's Turkey-Textiles ruling / Angela T. Gobbi Estrella and Gary N. Horlick -- Do rules of origin in free trade agreements comply with Article XXIV GATT? / JoseÌ? Antonio Rivas -- Services liberalization in regional trade agreements : lessons for GATS "unfinished business"? / Markus Krajewski -- International agreements covering foreign investment in services : patterns and linkages / Federico Ortino and Audley Sheppard -- TRIPS-plus provisions in FTAs : recent trends / Bryan Mercurio -- Competition law and regional trade agreements : an overview / Melaku Geboye Desta and Naomi Julia Barnes -- Is mutual recognition an alternative to harmonization? : lessons on trade and tolerance of diversity from the EU / Gareth Davies -- The WTO and regional trade agreements as competing fora for constitutional reforms : trade and human rights / Ernst Ulrich Petersmann -- Sustainable-development in regional trade agreements / Marie-Claire Cordonier Segger -- Dispute settlement in the WTO and RTAs : a comment / William J. Davey -- NAFTA dispute settlement : creative experiment or confusion? / Armand De Mestral -- Dispute settlement in European Union free trade agreements : lessons learned? / Ignacio Garcia Bercero -- Dispute settlement in bilateral trade agreements : the EFTA experience / Andreas R. Ziegler -- Dispute settlement in the proposed East Asia Free Trade Agreement : lessons learned from the ASEAN, the NAFTA, and the EU / Yan Luo -- The EU and its member states in the WTO : issues of responsibility / Piet Eeckhout -- Overlaps and conflicts of jurisdiction between the World Trade Organization and regional trade agreements / Kyung Kwak and Gabrielle Marceau -- Applicability of WTO law in regional trade agreements : identifying the links / Locknie Hsu -- What role is there for regional international law in the interpretation of the WTO agreements? / Isabelle van Damme.
- 9780199206995 (hardback : alk. paper)
0199206996 (hardback : alk. paper)
9780199207008 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0199207003 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -597) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3825757