Preparing hospitals for bioterror : a medical and biomedical systems approach / edited by Joseph H. McIsaac III
- Additional Titles:
- Hospital preparation for bioterror
- Amsterdam ; Boston : Elsevier Academic Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xv, 443 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Additional Creators:
- McIsaac, Joseph H.
- Recurring pitfalls in hospital preparedness and response / Jeffrey N. Rubin -- The history and threat of biological weapons and bioterrorism / Zygmunt F. Dembek -- Hospital syndromic surveillance / Kathy J. Hurt-Mullen ... [et al.] -- Biological agents, effects, treatment, and differential diagnosis / Zygmunt F. Dembek and Theodore J. Cieslak -- Medical considerations for radiological terrorism / James Winkley and Paul D. Mongan -- Nerve and chemical agents / Paul D. Mongan and James Winkley -- Decontamination and personal protection / Joseph H. McIsaac, III -- EMS preparation for terrorist events / Michael Zachera, III -- Emergency department preparation / Michael Zacchera, III and Michael F. Zanker -- Pediatrics: special considerations for children / James F. Wiley, II -- The role of psychiatry and social services in the hospital response to bioterrorism / Julian D. Ford -- Bioterrorism and obstetrics: the exposed pregnant patient / Renee A. Bobrowski, John F. Greene, Jr. and Joel Sorosky -- Operating room preparation for mass casualties / Joseph H. McIsaac, III -- Bioterrorism and implications for nurses and nursing / Jacquelyn McQuay -- The role of pharmacy in emergency preparedness / Robert S. Guynn -- The clinical engineering department role in emergency preparedness / Duane Mariotti -- Amateur radio support for hospitals / Marina Zuetell -- Hospital power: critical care / James F. Newton -- Electromagnetic interference / Joseph H. McIsaac, III -- Chapter for simulation for bioterrorism / Thomas C. Mort and Stephen Donahue -- Simulation II: preparing for biodisasters / Richard R. Kyle, Jr. -- Hospital large-scale drills / Garrett Havican -- Response to SARS as a prototype for bioterrorism : lessons in a regional hospital in Hong Kong / Arthur Chun-Wing Lau ... [et al.].
- 0120884402 (casebound : alk. paper)
9780120884407 (casebound : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3825782