African development : making sense of the issues and actors / Todd J. Moss
- Moss, Todd J., 1970-
- Boulder : Lynne Rienner Publishers, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 275 pages : illustrations, map ; 24 cm
- Introduction -- The complexities and uncertainties of development -- The domestic context -- History and the legacy of colonialism -- Big men, personal rule and patronage politics -- Violent conflict and civil war -- Political change and democratization -- Core development questions -- Africa's slow-growth puzzle -- Economic reform and the politics of adjustment -- The international aid system -- Debt burdens and debt relief -- Poverty and human development -- Regionalism and globalization -- Regional institutions and NEPAD -- Africa and world trade -- Private investment and the business environment -- Conclusion.
- 9781588264961 (hardcover : alk. paper), 1588264963 (hardcover : alk. paper), 9781588264725 (pbk. : alk. paper), and 1588264726 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 251-264) and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Delaware copy: Purchased with funds from the John D. Vairo Libraries Endowment; 20067.
View MARC record | catkey: 3827474